Based on results so far from our members’ survey, we’re planning some river and lake trips for the first few events after Easter, with some white water experience days to follow in due course (and maybe some more exotic adventures if enough people ask for them!)…
If you haven’t yet let us know what you’d like to do, please complete our survey ASAP!
[Repeat of post from last week:] We’re aiming to continue our series of twice-a-month trips and events at weekends throughout the spring and summer – mostly on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month. The programme will depend to some extent on who wants to come along and what you want to do, but should include at least some of the following:
- Day trips on canal, river and lake – aimed at beginner & intermediate paddlers (but open to experienced paddlers as well!)
- White water experience / training days at Symonds Yat, Llandysul and maybe Cardiff International White Water Centre – aimed at those starting out or developing their white water skills
- Skills training days, working on personal paddling, rescue and leadership skills and possibly leading to British Canoeing awards – in kayak, canoe and maybe even paddleboards
- Possibly an overnight camping expedition (suitable for all); and/or possibly a white water weekend in North Wales (for experienced paddlers only)
- Any other opportunities that present themselves e.g. polo tournaments or slalom races!
Provisional dates for your diaries – watch this space for further details: Sundays 24th April, 8th & 22nd May, 12th & 26th June, 10th & 24th July, 14th & 28th August, 11th & 25th September, 9th October (after which the winter white water season starts again!).