Our plan for Sunday trips this autumn is to start working progressively through the grades of some of our local rivers, starting with Grade 1 moving water and working towards more exciting Grade 2 and 3 white water. So, if you’re interested in developing your skills on moving water and want to start with ‘easy’ white water, get yourself booked NOW onto the early trips!!!
The final programme will depend very much on weather and water levels – as well as who’s coming – but ‘Plan A’ looks like this – click on the individual headings to book your places (but don’t wait too long, because places will be strictly limited!!!).
- Sun 5 Sep 2021 possibly a flat-water trip which will only go ahead if at least 2-3 of you express interest in going paddling that day [***or might become an opportunity to undertake British Canoeing Foundation Safety & Rescue Training***]
- Sun 26 Sep 2021 [***might move to Sun 3 Oct***] probably a Grade 1 moving water trip on the Wye between Hay and Whitney
- Sat 9-Sun 10 Oct 2021 British Canoeing Canoe Award course an excellent opportunity for 2 days on the water in an Open Canoe and perhaps get a British Canoeing Personal Performance Award into the bargain!
- Sun 24 Oct 2021 probably a Grade 2 white water trip on the Usk between Aberbran & Brecon
- Sun 14 Nov 2021 probably a Grade 1-2 white water trip (with a tiny bit of Grade 3) on the Wye between Newbridge & Builth Wells
- Sun 28 Nov 2021 probably a Grade 2(3) white water trip – mainly Grade 2 but with bits of Grade 3 – on a section of the Usk between Trecastle and Brecon
- Sun 12 Dec 2021 probably a Grade 2(3) white water trip on a section of the Wye between Builth Wells & Boughrood
- Sun 26 Dec 2021 a short paddle on canal, river or reservoir to burn off some Christmas excess!
- and there’ll be more in the New Year!