We’re aiming to continue our series of twice-a-month trips and events at weekends throughout the spring and summer – mostly on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month (although we’ll take a break during the Easter holiday – mainly because Steve hasn’t had a chance to organise anything for next Sunday – sorry!). The programme will depend to some extent on who wants to come along and what you want to do, but should include at least some of the following:
- Day trips on canal, river and lake – aimed at beginner & intermediate paddlers (but open to experienced paddlers as well!)
- White water experience / training days at Symonds Yat, Llandysul and maybe Cardiff International White Water Centre – aimed at those starting out or developing their white water skills
- Skills training days, working on personal paddling, rescue and leadership skills and possibly leading to British Canoeing awards – in kayak, canoe and maybe even paddleboards
- Possibly an overnight camping expedition (suitable for all); and/or possibly a white water weekend in North Wales (for experienced paddlers only)
- Any other opportunities that present themselves e.g. polo tournaments or slalom races!
Provisional dates for your diaries – watch this space for further details: Sundays 24th April, 8th & 22nd May, 12th & 26th June, 10th & 24th July, 14th & 28th August, 11th & 25th September, 9th October (after which the winter white water season starts again!).