*** Please book in advance for ALL events using the RSVP buttons on the individual event listings on our website (or reply to this e-mail) – these generally need to be booked by the Sunday evening preceding the event! ***
- We had another great day at Symonds Yat on Sunday, with Keira, Mike and Rhiannon all developing their skills and confidence on ‘easy’ white water – roll on the winter when we can put it into practice on our local rivers!!
- Wed 11 Aug 2021 Summer Training Evening: we had yet another great evening last Wednesday, continuing to work towards the British Canoeing Discover & Explore Awards. We’ll be continuing the Discover and Explore journeys this Wednesday (and the next 2-3 Wednesdays) AND hope to be welcoming a few more beginners as well. Even if you didn’t come last week, you’re welcome to join us.
- Pool Sessions are due to re-commence (instead of weekly outdoor sessions) at Brecon Leisure Centre on Monday 6 September (and every Monday during term-time until Easter!), 7-9pm – as long as we get enough paddlers to make this work! Watch this space for details, but the current plan is to have alternate weeks of:
- General skills training including ‘wet skills’ (capsizes, rescues, recovery strokes and rolling) and possibly beginners skill training; and
- Canoe Polo Training – an opportunity to put your skills into practice and learn how to play this exciting game (think 5-a-side rugby in boats!).
- Please let Steve know ASAP if you’re interested in joining either (or both) type of pool session!