Apologies once again for last week’s short-notice cancellation, which was the result of Steve being pinged by the Test & Trace app and being sent into isolation (thankfully not infected – just a precaution!). Normal service should be resumed next week.
The good news is that, with a little extra time at home this week (!) Steve has started pulling together plans for the rest of this summer’s programme, which is starting to look a little like this (click on the titles for more information and for booking RSVPs):
- At least some of us are likely to be practising capsizes; how-not-to-capsize; and a few rescues if the weather’s fine – so please come prepared to get wet (bring a nose-clip if you have one, on a length of string!)
- *** STOP PRESS*** No Jess this week (she’s away with work again, at short notice)*** Polo skills development group joining Steve’s group, in plastic or polo boats – Alex, Charlotte, Edith & Natalie
- Adult development with Steve – Griff, Jim, Joe, Mike (TBC) & Rhiannon
- Junior beginners / improvers with Olly – Gryf, Oscar, Ruan, Sam & Tomos
- Adult beginners / improvers with Dave and Ele – Andrea, Daniel (TBC), Keira, Ken, Mary (TBC), Rob
- Last call for this event – please book by Sun 20 Jun if you’d like to join us – we need to know who’s coming in advance! We’re currently expecting Dave, Edith, Keira, Natalie, Pete+1, Rhiannon & Steve
- The last of this ‘block’ of pre-booked sessions – groups as above.
- Please book by the previous Sunday.
- These will both be ‘Try a Boat’ evenings: we’ll have a variety of ‘different’ boats available to try, so come along and broaden your skills (or, if you prefer, stick with the same as usual!!).
Wednesday Evenings from 21 Jul
- We’re intending to keep going through the school holidays – possibly with the opportunity to work towards some British Canoeing Personal Performance and Safety Awards. Watch this space for details…
- An ideal ‘next step’ for anyone who has been on our Symonds Yat trip (or anyone else aged 11+ who’s ready to progress to some faster moving water), running the rapids on the river at Llandysul.
- Another ‘next step’ for anyone who has been on our Symonds Yat and Llandysul trips (or anyone else aged 11+ who’s ready to progress to white water), this will be a morning spent developing skills on the man-made rapids at Cardiff International White Water Centre. Advance booking essential, ASAP!
- Probably a trip on Usk or Ponsticill Reservoirs, aimed at developing open water skills for canoe, SUP or kayak – a change from white water (though not necessarily a gentle one if it’s windy!!).
- This is a ‘commercial’ course being run by Steve Rayner, with the possibility of discounted places for Brecon Canoe Club Members.
- The ‘perfect’ course for anyone aged 14 or over wanting to take their first steps into leading or coaching sessions in kayaks, canoes or SUPs!