We’re looking at a slightly different format for pool sessions in the New Year, partly to fit in with polo tournaments (so they won’t follow the usual alternate-weeks pattern, but will be a bit more block-like); and partly to make best use of our limited coaching resources.
Confirmation of the arrangements and formal booking details will follow in due course, but in the meantime please let Steve know if you’re interested in either or both of the following – or if you need help to decide (NB it really helps Steve if you take the effort to respond early 😉 – thanks!):
- General Training, probably Mon 8 Jan (TBC), 29 Jan, 5 Feb, 19 Feb, 18 Mar
- these will focus on ‘intensive’ coaching and individual practise for those who need to develop their skills with rolling and support strokes or to develop their confidence with capsizing
- we will not be including our group of youngsters practising ‘general skills’ for these sessions, because we think they’ve gained as much as they can for the time-being in the pool – but they are welcome to join…
- Canoe Polo Training, probably Mon 15 Jan, 22 Jan, 26 Feb, 4 Mar, 11 Mar
- we would like to welcome a few new players who’d like to learn the exciting game of canoe polo – especially our youngsters who’ve been enjoying the ‘informal’ games we’ve been playing at the end of our general sessions – they would likely join us for the first half of the session to ‘learn the basics’ and play some games, while…
- we will also of course continue to welcome our ‘usual’ players, to practise skills and assist new players during the first half of the session then to focus on game-play in a smaller group for the second half.
Costs will be as before – £13 per week or £10 if block-booked (with an appropriate reduction for polo players only attending the first half).