- This event has passed.
Sun 3 Oct 2021 Foundation Safety & Rescue Training
3 October 2021 @ 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
***Last-minute addition to programme! This is a ‘commercial’ course being run by Steve Rayner, with the possibility of discounted places for Brecon Canoe Club Members.
!!!! COURSE NOW FULL – SORRY !!!!
The FSRT course is intended for all paddlers, coaches and volunteers irrespective of craft or discipline choice, and is available in either bank-based or boat-based option (or a combined course covering both). It provides training on key skills needed to operate safely and deal with common emergencies in a sheltered water environment in any craft. Candidates should be competent paddling in either kayak, canoe or SUP (preferably all 3!) to enable them to complete the course, although it is not necessary formally to hold a British Canoeing Personal Performance Award.
The FSRT course is a pre-requisite for the British Canoeing Paddlesport Instructor Award.
Minimum 2, maximum 6 candidates. No minimum age (although paddlers must be physically able to undertake the course!).
Participants should bring (I can provide * if you do not have these):
- * Your usual / preferred craft and paddle (please confirm with me which type of craft you intend to bring, I will provide others)
- * Buoyancy aid, helmet, spray-deck
- Personal paddling clothing suitable for the weather – we will get wet!
- * Personal safety equipment (throwline, knife, towline, tape/sling, karabiner)
- Canoe Wales / British Canoeing Membership card (if you are a member!)
- Lunch / snacks / drinks
- Cash for parking (c.£4) and toilets (20p)
- Hand sanitiser, face masks, etc.
The course will take place on the River Usk at Brecon Promenade.
What to Do Now
Contact Steve as soon as possible to book places or get more information!