We (and Steve as a commercial provider) have a few new opportunities to work towards the following British Canoeing Awards – click on the links for more details (including likely costs) and/or contact Steve ASAP if you’re interested in any of these:
- The Paddle Discover Award, in kayak or canoe (equivalent to the former 1* award), allows you to develop your decision making and practical skills for a fun and safe time on the water: make a start on the Sat 2 Oct 2021 British Canoeing Award Training Day.
- The Paddle Explore Award, in kayak or canoe (equivalent to the former 2* award), allows you to choose where you move next in the world of paddlesport and recognises your ability to independently paddle your chosen craft in a sheltered water environment: make a start on the Sat 2 Oct 2021 British Canoeing Award Training Day; or if you’re already working towards it (e.g. those who were with us on our summer training evenings), join the Sun 10 Oct 2021 River Trip with British Canoeing Award training.
- The Canoe Award, in open canoe (equivalent to the former 3* Open Canoe award), is designed to develop your personal paddling and decision making skills so you have a fun and safe day out on the water in winds up to and including force 3 and on grade 1 rivers with simple eddy lines: make a start on the Sat 2 Oct 2021 British Canoeing Award Training Day and continue on the Sun 10 Oct 2021 River Trip with British Canoeing Award training.
- Foundation Safety & Rescue Training, for all paddlers, coaches and volunteers irrespective of craft or discipline choice, provides training on key skills needed to operate safely and deal with common emergencies in a sheltered water environment in any craft: join the Sun 3 Oct 2021 Foundation Safety & Rescue Training.
- The Paddlesport Instructor Award is the perfect course for anyone aged 14 or over wanting to take their first steps into leading or coaching sessions in kayaks, canoes or SUPs: join the Sat 16-Sun 17 Oct 2021 Paddlesport Instructor Course.