The Club’s coaches spent a useful morning on Sunday running through our new operating procedures (adjusted for Covid) and refreshing some of our emergency rescue skills – so we’re now ready to go with paddling activity as soon as we’re permitted to. We haven’t planned the full programme yet, but we think the next couple of months will look like this:
- Wed 21st & 28th April – training sessions at Brecon Promenade for under-18 existing paddlers only (ironically, having made a decision based on the best information available on Monday, it seems as if the road to the Prom may actually be open on the 14th after all, but we’re not going to risk starting then, just in case we can’t get there – or worse, can’t get home again!). We’ve now closed the online bookings for these sessions as we have 6 participants confirmed (carried forward from the 14th), but please contact us if you’d still like to join in and we’ll see what we can do…
- Wed 5th, 12th & 19th May – training sessions at Brecon Promenade for existing paddlers age 11-adult (no ‘absolute beginners’) – if you’re in doubt about whether this is for you, please contact us to check. Those under-18s who are with us in April will automatically be included in these sessions so don’t need to book again.
- Sun 9th May – canal trip (probably Brecon-Brynich return) for age 11+
- Sun 23rd May – open water trip (e.g. Llangorse Lake or Usk Reservoir) for age 11+
- Wed 26th May – start of next ‘block’ of training sessions at Brecon Promenade, details to be confirmed nearer the time, possibly including beginners if we have spare capacity
- Sun 6th June – river trip (e.g. Glasbury-Hay or Hay-Whitney) for age 11+
- Sun 27th June – white water introduction / refresher at Symonds Yat rapids (near Monmouth) for competent flat-water paddlers age 11+
All events are subject to suitable water & weather conditions, continued easing of lockdown restrictions and the needs & wants of participants – so all could change at short notice!
Places will be limited on all events – and priority will be given on Sunday trips to those who’ve already joined us on Wednesdays – so reserve your places NOW if you’re interested in any of these (you can always change your mind later!): visit our Upcoming Events list to ‘RSVP’ for individual events (or send us an e-mail if that’s easier). Online bookings for each event will close a week beforehand (to give us time to arrange kit etc.). As always, please ask if you need any advice about whether individual events are suitable for you…