- This event has passed.
Mon 29 April Outdoor Skills Training
April 29 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Mon 29 April-Mon 8 July (and maybe beyond…) except Mon 6 May
- Brecon Promenade – nearest postcode LD3 9LL, continue to the ‘upper’ car park by the toilet block, not the lower one by the river (toilets may be open – 20p entry)
- 7-9pm: please arrive by 6.45pm if possible, so we can get kitted-up for a quick start
- Parents are required to stay for the duration of the session, to help kit-up and carry boats and in case your child(ren) need(s) to get off the water – our coaches cannot take responsibility for paddlers once they’ve left the session (nor for them getting changed).
- Wear clothing suitable for the weather – and bring a complete change in case you get wet – ideally wetsuit/rash vest, otherwise non-cotton layers; footwear essential (not ‘chunky’ trainers as they may not fit in boats!)
- We will provide all other equipment (boats, paddles, spray-decks, buoyancy aids, helmets) – although you are welcome to bring your own if you have them
- We’ll arrange payment via the usual Direct Debit system once attendance is confirmed
- There will be three groups:
- Polo Training, with the aim of getting a strong polo squad (all ages) ready for September. The focus will be on developing skills, fitness and tactics, so sessions will be a mix of fun and hard work. Led by Steve Rayner. £9 per month.
- Adult Improvers, working on general paddling skills with the option of working towards the new British Canoeing Personal Performance Awards, aimed at existing and new beginner/intermediate paddlers. Led by Dave Jones with Dave Robinson. £25 for first 5-week block.
- Youth Improvers, also working on general paddling skills with the option of working towards the new British Canoeing Personal Performance Awards, aimed at existing and new beginner/intermediate paddlers. Led by Olly Cayless. £25 for first 5-week block.