*** Please book in advance for ALL events using the RSVP buttons on the individual event listings on our website (or reply to this e-mail) – these generally need to be booked by the Sunday evening preceding the event! ***
- Wed 18 Aug 2021 Summer Training Evening: We’ll be continuing the British Canoeing Discover and Explore Award journeys this Wednesday (and the following Wednesday) – refreshing what we’ve covered so far – AND hope to be welcoming a few more beginners as well. Even if you didn’t come last week, you’re welcome to join us!
- Sun 22 Aug 2021 Reservoir Trip: Probably a trip on Usk or Ponsticill Reservoirs, aimed at developing open water skills for canoe, SUP or kayak – a change from white water (though not necessarily a gentle one if it’s windy!!). Details to be confirmed once we know the weather and who’s coming (Sam and Sam have booked so far!). Likely to be approx. 10am-2pm, bring packed lunch (scope for parents to walk and picnic if appropriate).
- Pool Sessions are now open for bookings! Due to re-commence (instead of weekly outdoor sessions) at Brecon Leisure Centre on Monday 6 September (and every Monday during term-time until Easter), 7-9pm – as long as we get enough paddlers to make this work! Watch this space for details, but the current plan is to have alternate weeks of:
- General skills training including ‘wet skills’ (capsizes, rescues, recovery strokes and rolling) and possibly beginners skill training – book places now for block of 4 (alternate) weeks – see Mon 6 Sep 2021 Pool Session (General Training); and
- Canoe Polo Training – an opportunity to put your skills into practice and learn how to play this exciting game (think 5-a-side rugby in boats!) – book places now for block of 3 (alternate) weeks – see Mon 13 Sep 2021 Pool Session (Polo Training).