- This event has passed.
Wed 5 May 2021 Summer Training Evening
May 5 @ 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Third week of training for under-18s only. Details as 21 April. Contact the organiser to book place(s) if you’re not already booked for all 3 sessions.
First of three weekly summer training sessions for over-18s (and any ‘new’ youngsters aged 11-18) – existing paddlers only (i.e. no ‘absolute beginners’). If you’re in doubt about whether this is for you, please contact us to check.
- Cost £10 per session, preferably paid £30 at once for all three sessions – we’ll collect this by Direct Debit through our membership system.
- Please RSVP using the button below to book place(s); or contact the organiser if you have any questions.
- All existing Club members must also have up-to-date membership of both the Club and Canoe Wales – we’ll send separate reminders for those of you who need these! Any new members will need to register with us but don’t need to join formally for this first block of sessions.
- Meet at Brecon Promenade (the Upper Car Park, by the toilet block) at 6.30pm; we’ll be finished by 9pm (or earlier, when it gets dark!).
- Parents or other household members must be available at the start and end of the session to help under-18s with kit and to carry boats; and throughout the session in case they need to get off the water early – but must avoid gathering together and must remain socially-distanced from everyone other than their own children.
- Feel free to bring your own boats and paddles if you have them, otherwise we’ll have the usual selection of club equipment available.
- Please be prepared for the weather and water conditions – wear a wetsuit or layers of synthetic material (e.g. fleece) – we can provide cagoules – and shoes that you don’t mind getting wet (neoprene beach shoes or gym shoes / daps are ideal); and bring a towel and full set of clothes for the end of the session.
- Changing will be in the car park; and we aren’t able to confirm whether the toilet block will be open (free entry for the time being, if it is open!).
- We will be following additional procedures to prevent the transmission of Covid, as set out in the attached document, and will expect everyone to comply with instructions from coaches. Please be aware that this might slow-down our usual processes for issuing and returning kit; and will limit the types of coaching and games we are able to offer.