- This event has passed.
Wed 26 May 2021 Summer Training Evening
May 26 @ 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm
First of next ‘block’ of summer training for existing paddlers aged 11+ only (i.e. no ‘absolute beginners’). If you’re in doubt about whether this is for you, please contact us to check.
NB This 3-week block includes 26 May,
16 Jun & 23 Jun & 30 Jun.
*** There will be no session on 2 Jun (half-term) or 9 Jun as Steve won’t now be available on either of those evenings nor on 16 Jun as Steve & Jess are unavailable***
These sessions will continue to work in 4 groups:
- Polo skills development with Jess, for experienced paddlers who’ve ‘outgrown’ general training sessions!
- Adult development with Steve, for experienced paddlers who aren’t ready for polo skills!
- Junior beginners / improvers with Olly
- Adult beginners / improvers with Dave and Ele
- Cost £10 per session, preferably paid £30 at once for all three sessions – we’ll collect this by Direct Debit through our membership system.
- Please RSVP by Tue 25 May to book place(s), using the button below; or contact the organiser if you have any questions.
- All existing Club members must also have up-to-date membership of both the Club and Canoe Wales – we’ll send separate reminders for those of you who need these! Any new members will need to register with us but don’t need to join formally for this first block of sessions.
- Meet at Brecon Promenade (the Upper Car Park, by the toilet block) at 6.30pm; we’ll be finished by 9pm (or earlier, when it gets dark!).
- Parents or other household members must be available at the start and end of the session to help under-18s with kit and to carry boats; and throughout the session in case they need to get off the water early – but must avoid gathering together and must remain socially-distanced from everyone other than their own children.
- Feel free to bring your own boats and paddles if you have them, otherwise we’ll have the usual selection of club equipment available.
- Please be prepared for the weather and water conditions – wear a wetsuit or layers of synthetic material (e.g. fleece) – we can provide cagoules if you don’t have your own – and shoes that you don’t mind getting wet (neoprene beach shoes or gym shoes / daps are ideal); and bring a towel and full set of clothes for the end of the session.
- Changing will be in the car park; the toilet block should be open, for 20p entry cost.
- We will be following additional procedures to prevent the transmission of Covid, as set out in the attached document, and will expect everyone to comply with instructions from coaches. Please be aware that this might slow-down our usual processes for issuing and returning kit; and will limit the types of coaching and games we are able to offer.